terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2011

Black Coffee




A G A Bb9
I'm feelin' mighty lonesome, haven't slept a wink;

A G A A9
I walk the floor and watch the door, in between I drink

D9 Dm Dm6 A Bb9 A F#7
Black coffee -- love's a hand-me-down broom.

Bm7 D9 E7 Bm7-5 A F#7 Bm7 F7 E7
I'll never know a Sunday in this weekday room.


A G A Bb9
I'm talkin to the shadow one o'clock till four,

A G A A9
And Lord, how slow the moments go when all I do is pour

D9 Dm Dm6 A Bb9 A F#7
Black coffee since the blues caught my eye;

Bm7 D9 E7 Bm7-5 A G#7 G7 F#7 F7 E7 A
I'm hangin' out on Monday my Sunday dreams to dry.



Bridge:


Bb9 Dm Dm7 A
Now man is born to come a-lovin',

Dm Dm7 Gdim A
And a woman's born to weep and fret

F7 Bb
To stay at home and tend her oven

F7 Gdim F7 E7 Fdim E7
And drown her past regrets in coffee and cigarettes.


A G A Bb9
I'm moonin' all the mornin', moanin' all the night

A G A A9
And in between it's nicotine and not much heart to fight.

D9 Dm Dm6 A Bb9 A
Black coffee -- feelin' low as the ground.

C#7 G7 F#7 D9 Bm7-5 E7
It's drivin' me cra - zy, this waitin' for my baby

Fdim E7 Bm7-5 A F#7 Bm7 E7 Fdim A F#7 Bm7 F7 E7 A
'Til he come a - round, 'til he come around.

-----------------

Words & Music by Sonny Burke & Paul Francis Webster, 1948
Recorded by Julie London*, 1960

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Golpes baixos terão resposta à altura.